The MMB-1 is the first mattebox from ARRI designed specifically for smaller-sized HD camera bodies. The ARRI MMB-1 is the only small form-factor mattebox allowing for use of three filters, including one fully-rotatable round.
The MMB-1 has a top load 4 x 5.65″ stage design with a fully rotatable / lockable rear stage and a second 4 x 5.65″ side load tray. It can be supported by 15mm LWS rods or clamped directly onto the camera lens. The 143mm back fits a large variety of prime lenses and zooms.
Technical Specifications and Features
- Side-load version accommodates cameras with a top-mounted microphone
- Top-load version replaces one side loading filter frame with a top loading frame
- Rear stage fully rotatable
- Can be supported by 15 mm LWS rods or clamped directly onto the camera lens
- Suitable for lenses with a front diameter of up to 143 mm
- Top and side flags included