The Nikon 105mm f/1.8 Nikkor AIS lens was introduced in March of 1981. This lens never disappoints, offering excellent optical performance and rock-solid build quality. It’s ideal for candids, portraiture, sports and low-light conditions. This midrange telephoto lens remains sharp at all apertures and any minor light falloff disappears completely at f/4.
The lens speed of f/1.8 has remained the fastest Nikkor telephoto lens between 90mm to 105mm. The extra stop provides greater depth of field and it’s perfect for separating your subject from it’s surroundings.
The 105mm has a built-in telescopic lens hood which can be very handy.
Technical Specifications and Features
- Focal Length: 105mm
- Camera Mount Type: Nikon F Bayonet
- Optics: 5 elements in 5 groups
- Diaphragm / Iris: 9 straight blades – Metal – Full-stop clicks
- Aperture Maximum: f/22
- Aperture Minimum: f/1.8
- Close Focus: 3 Feet (1 meter)
- Hard Infinity Focus Stop: Yes
- Weight: 20 oz. (580 grams)
- Dimensions: 78mm (3,1″) diameter x 88mm (3.5″) long
- Hood: Built-in telescoping metal hood.
- Filter Size: 62mm