The Nikon 50mm f/1.2 Nikkor AIS lens replaced the 7 bladed AI version in 1981 and it is still made today. This is Nikon’s fastest lens currently in production and it’s the sharpest Nikon 50mm in production when used at f/2.
The Nikon 50mm f/1.2 is super sharp, and distortion is as good or better than the more common f/1.4. Its bokeh is organic and the 9-bladed diaphragm ensures a circular shape.
Technical Specifications and Features
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Camera Mount Type: Nikon F Bayonet
- Optics: 7 elements in 6 groups
- Diaphragm / Iris: 9 traditional blades – Metal – Full-stop clicks
- Aperture Maximum: f/16
- Aperture Minimum: f/1.2
- Close Focus: 1.65 Feet (0.5 meter)
- Hard Infinity Focus Stop: Yes
- Weight: 13.4 oz. (380 grams)
- Dimensions: 68.5mm (2.7″) diameter x 47.5mm (1.9″) long
- Hood: HR-2 (Rubber) or HS-12 (Metal)
- Filter Size: 52mm